- Popular Pages
- Entry Pages
- Keyword Analysis
- And many more...
If your using Wordpress, you can find a tutorial for WordPress here.
1. Go to StatCounter.com. And register for an account.
go to the site, you will be automatically logged in. All you need to do then is to go directly to your "Projects Link".
3. Once logged in, go to your "Add New Project" link.
4. The next page will provide you with a form to fill up with.
This will be the name of your site project. For example, in my case, I have several blogs that I maintain, so, the first Website Title/Project name is digiknowzone for my digiknowzone.blogspot.com site while another project, digiknowzone.com is for my digiknowzone.com site.
This speaks for itself. This were you enter your complete site URL.
Choose a category for your site.
Your current timezone is reflected with the timezone you've set for your profile when your registering.
Since this is a free service, it only allows 500 log files. But still pretty good for a free site.
You can opt to select a specific IP address or a range of IP addresses. Usually, you use this to block your own IP address so that it won't count the number of times you visit your own site. To get your IP address, just go to this link.
You can allow the general public to access your reports by ticking on the "Allow anyone to view your stats" checkbox.
Once done in filling up the form, just click on the "Next" button.
5. On the next page, click on the "Configure and Install Code" button.
6. Choose an option as to how you want the code to be configured. I would greatly suggest you use the Invisible counter. But it's up to you.
8. StatCounter will provide you a set of codes. Copy these codes and proceed to the next steps.
9. Login to your Blogger account. And head to your Design > Page Elements tabs.
10. On the your Page Elements, Click on any of the "Add a Gadget".
12. Another pop-up window will appear. Don't enter a title name. Just paste the code that was provided by StatCounter. And hit on the "Save" button.
13. Once it's saved, click on the "Save" button again. Just to make sure.
14. Next, go back to your StatCounter account. On your project list, click on the project name you've just made.
15. Once clicked, you will see your site stats. You can view it on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Of course, there will be zero (0) stats for all of the given field since this it was just added.
Finished! I hop this was a useful read to you. Enjoy the use of your statcounter!
If you have any questions, clarification, comments or suggestions, feel free to post it up in the comment box below.