Sunday, August 15, 2010

How to - HTML code on posts

When I started making 'How-to' blog posts, I've noticed that whenever I paste in an HTML code, it gets messed up. So, I tried taking a screen shot of the code and pasting it to the blog post. But later on, I figured that it takes too long to do that.
Here's an example what I'm trying to say. If you copy and paste this code to your blog post:
 so.addVariable("tcolor", "0x333333");
 Sometimes, it would appear like this:
so.addVariable(&";tcolor&";, ";0x333333&";);
Thus, your reader's wouldn't be able to put in the correct code. Sometimes the HTML would simply appear on the way you don't want it to appear.
And yes, there is very simple solution. You'll just have to quote the HTML code. Here's how:
  1. On you blog's post editor, paste your HTML code:
  2. Then Select ALL of the HTML code:
  3. Finally, just hit on the quote button at the top portion of your post editor.
  4. Once done with the content of your post. You can either 'Preview' or 'Publish' your post. 
Hope that was helpful! If you have any questions, comments, or requests, just throw them at me and I'll be doing my best to resolve your concerns!
    Minute Maid Pulpy Juice Drink!
    Minute Maid Pulpy Juice Drink!