I have previously discussed in my previous post the difference between Google PR and Alexa Rankings as well as it's importance in promoting and letting the web world about the existence of your site. For this post, I'll discuss how you could increase your visitors, followers and readers.
When I started my blog last July 1st, my Alexa ranking was about 25 million-ish. My Alexa ranking for the blog's first month(August 1st) soared to 3,466,553. So, how is there a magic trick? No, it's pure work. As one of the seasoned bloggers I knew told me that the secret to a blog's success is 'hard work'. Pretty vague, but it's all true, every single bit of it.
Here's my definition of hard work when it comes to blogging:
1. Don't just post anything. Post something worth reading. Put your heart
into it. Don't just post because you need to post. Post useful information that you think will give them the edge for a certain topic.
2. Be original. Remember that your content must be original. Made by you yourself. People seem to sense that it's you who made it. It's got a certain feel to it, it's your signature. Don't plagiarize! If you use something or quote something, mention the author or put a link.
3. Truth. Also make sure that your post contents are true and factual. Check your sources, re-check, cross-check. It's not a good thing when people see that your information is inaccurate or made up. This is a big no-no.
4. Maintenance. Always update your blog. When I say 'always' this means make 3 post per week at the very least. This will make sure that your readers will keep coming back to your site.
5. Reply. Reply. Reply. Whatever happens, how short their comment on your post or how angry they are with the topic. Talk to them. This not only helps you build your community, it creates a relationship with your readers. Comments are also a way to let search engines know that your site is alive.
Now, how on earth was I able to go from an Alexa rank of 23 million to a whoopin' 3 million in just a month? Here's a simple technique: register to sites which help promote your site in exchange of viewing other members sites and making review for you as well. Here are some that you might want to join:
Link Referral is a review site where you could visit sites in exchange for reviews and visitors to your sites as well. The more you become active, the more you raise through the ranks and the more site visits your receive.
It has the same aspect with Link Referral, but wait. Apsense sends you solo email ads. These ads are worth $.05 each! Their minimum payout is $50.
Here's a good site is the most fair out of all. If you visit a site for them, they refer your site to another user and thus an equal trade of visitors.
I've tried and tested these sites, and so far, they worth the effort. When using these sites to their full potential, you'll see the big difference in your Alexa rank. And oh, I've observed that Alexa rankings update every 6 in the morning in my time zone which is +8:00 GMT.
Another nice way is to be active in blog communities with which are enable with Do-Follow. Here a site which provides a list of do-follow enabled blogs: followlist.com. Do-follow enabled blogs help you build your blog's backlinks. Backlinks help improve your Google PR. And do-follow blogs increase you backlinks. Don't worry, next time, I'll discuss more about backlinks and do-follow blogs.
So, those are the basics. Next time, we'll delve deeper into these topics. Hope the article was of help to you! Stay tuned!
Also, if you have any questions, suggestions or any violent reactions, don't hesitate to post a comment or send us a feedback.