People have been using blogs since the early dawn of man, even before the time of the dinosaurs. Just kidding.
A blog is a portmanteau of the term web log. A blog may be a part of a website or be a website in itself. Blogs are maintained by individuals with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.
Most of the time, blogs provide news, information or simply a though that the author would like to share. Some are more personal and
functions as their web diaries. Most blogs contain a combination of text and images and links which lead to other resources, though this may be subject to the type of blog the author creates.
So, let's get back to the 'How-to' part. I'll discuss how you can create a hosted blog. This is much easier, free and easy to maintain. Since I'm using a Blogger hosted site, I'll provide you the steps on how you could make a blog through Blogger.com
1. Decide a name for your blog. Think of something creative, catchy as well as something that would encompass the goal of your blog.
Tip: Don't make a blog which appears to be self-proclaimed like. Imcool.blogger.com or ImImbaMe.blogger.com unless your really up to it to prove your coolness.
2. Create a GMAIL account here. Just fill up the form and take note of the information you have provided. You might need these when you forget your password or whatever changes you need to make it the near future.
Now, why do you need a gmail account? Blogger.com is owned by Google so, the google account you created will be the same credentials for your blogger account.
3. Now, head to Blogger.com and sign in using the Gmail credentials that you've just signed up for.
4. The next page will as you what your 'Display name' would be. This is the name that appears when you create posts or respond to comments. Also, make sure that you tick on 'Email notifications' especially the 'Acceptance of Terms'. Then click on the 'Continue' button.
5. You will then be brought to a page where you'll choose the name and URL of your blog. This is also a critical part. As I've said previously, you should choose this wisely. This should represent who you are and what your goals are in relation to your blog. Think of something nifty and catchy at the same time. Also, don't forget to check the availability of your blog url.
After than, click on the 'Continue' button.
6. Next, choose the template for your blog. This is how your blog will basically look. Choose wisely. You should choose the template that would relate most to your blog. For example, if your blog is about dogs, don't use a template that has the looks of a cat or something like that. I think you get what I mean. Then again, there are tons of blogger templates on the net. I know how resourceful you are, just look for it and you'll surely find it.
Select the template that matches your blog and click on the 'Continue' button.
7. And your blog has been created! Congratulations for going this far! Click on the 'Start blogging' button to create your first post.
8. Introduce yourself here. Let your readers know who you are and what's the purpose of your blog. Choose a neat title that would welcome your readers to your world.
9. And you have successfully posted it! Yehey! A round of applause of you!
You could also view how you could increase your blog's visitors in one of my posts.
Also, if you have any questions, suggestions or any violent reactions, don't hesitate to post a comment or send us a feedback.