Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A change of pace

I've been posting a lot of tweeks and tips and for a change, I'll be posting a few poem now and then but not that much. The past few days were pretty hectic, and here's something I made to sort of "refresh" and reset my self.

As I ponder and remember,
Times when we were at the shops together,
Avidly dodging our peers,
Laughing, joking and fumbling.
As we lounged near the movies,
Munching on the chippies.
I could clearly remember,
your smile which is hard to smear.

We were supposed to bowl,
supposed to play,
but we went too early
the lanes were still chained.

Questions were thrown,
Answers were given,
But still,
A lot of things still seem unclear.

As the hours quickly passed,
It was time for us to part.
I must leave,
You ought to stay.
Your embrace was my souvenir.
Your smile, a zephyr.

As we tread upon the aisle,
we paused and stood and stared,
wishing for the moment to last til the end.

As the cab rolled,
your tears flowed,
I had to be strong as not to weep,
my heart ached more than what I could take.

I truly regret making you shed tears,
that I always ask Him
to erase that day from your memories.

Though it means that I'll be forgotten,
it's is an offering I am willing to burn.
Not knowing if I still deserve,
to see you smile again.
Minute Maid Pulpy Juice Drink!
Minute Maid Pulpy Juice Drink!