Monday, September 13, 2010
written by digiknowzone at 6:20:00 AM
This time, I'll be providing you the steps on how to add this wonderful addition to your site for both Blogger sites and WordPress sites.
1. Go to http://feedburner.google.com. Register for an account if you don't have one yet.
2. On the welcome page, you'll notice a Burn a feed right this instant section. Enter your site's feed link. Usually, it would look like this: http://yoursite.com/feeds or for blogspot sites, it would look like
3. On the next loaded page, you can modify the Feed Title and the Feed address. The feed title is the label of your specific feed URL. On the other hand the feeds address' URL prefix is fixed, although you could still modify the suffix to your liking.
4. The next page will notify you if the creation of the feed was successful. If it was, you will be shown your feed URL. Click on the "Next" button at the lower left corner of the page.
5. Next, go to your FeedBurner "My Feeds" link. Think of this as your Blogger "Dashboard". Here, you can find all the feeds that you manage. Now, click on the feeds you've just made.
6. Once the next page has loaded, click on the "Publicize" tab, then click on the "Email Subscriptions" link.
7. IMPORTANT: DO NOT forget to click on the "Activate" button located on the lower portion of the same page.
Here's the part where the processes will get a little different. Following the provided steps above, we can now proceed to our respective blogging platforms to insert the code.
For Blogger sites, use these steps:
1. Log in to your Blogger account. Head to the Design >> Page Elements.
2. Next, in any area you like, click on the "Add a Gadget"
4. On the pop-up page for the gadget, paste the code provided by FeedBurner.
For WordPress enabled sites, use these steps:
1. Login to your wp-admin page.
2. Go to your Dashboard's Appearance >> Widgets page located on the lower left of your dashboard.
3. From the available Widget lists, drag the "Text" widget to your sidebar.
4. Once positioned correctly, the text widget will expand:
Show some love
You're finally done! Enjoy the flow of subscribers! And oh, before I forget, I you appreciate this post, or the site, feel free to spare a few seconds and subscribe to our sites by simply clicking on the links and confirming the subscriptions:
Thanks! And your thoughts are again very much appreciated!
How to - add Subscription box for Blogspot and WordPress with FeedBurner
blogger|blogger to wordpress|blogs|blogspot|feed subscription|feedburner|feeds|gadget|google|increase|lists|posts|rss|subscribers|subscription|widget|